Friday, October 5, 2012

Careers in ART!


We had Career Day in Art!  Each grade had a career they learned about I had two friends who work in the art field for their careers that came and spoke to the children.  Mary Morgan Gentry is an Interior Decorator at LuLu's in Franklin.  David Nowers is a carpenter in Nashville.  I also showed the students a PowerPoint of my other friends who work in the art field.  5th grade learned about pottery.  4th Grade learned about Graphic Design and created their own magazine cover.  In the PowerPoint they met my friend Will who designs billboards.  The Third Grade students met my friends Corey and Madelynne the Architects.  I showed them their offices and what they did.  The 3rd Graders created buildings like architects except we used marshmallows and toothpicks!  2nd created their dream room with Mary Morgan, while 1st grade made picture frames with David the carpenter.  It was a great day!

No comments :

Post a Comment